Skip to main content

Cast Iron Pizza




Now I can't take the credit for this creation, I saw it on Jeff Mauro's instagram (From The Kitchen on the Food Network!) it looked sooo good and I had to try! I'm so glad I did, it will be our new go to cast iron pizza recipe. 

Ingredients: 

  • ¾ Cup 1% Milk
  • 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
  • 1 package Instant Yeast
  • 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 2 and 1/3 cup AP Flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 4 more Tablespoons olive oil 
  • 3 Cups whole milk mozzarella, from a block, cut into cubes
  • We also added some Colby jack cheese 
  • 2-3 cups of pizza sauce
  • Tons of pepperoni
  • Whatever other toppings you'd like, Joe did olives on his side and I did red onion and banana peppers on mine.

Directions: 
  1. Heat oven to 200 hundred and once reached, immediately shut off. 
  2. Measure milk in a microwave safe measuring cup and microwave for about 40 seconds or until temp reaches 110 degrees on instant read thermometer. 
  3. Add in yeast and sugar and let it bloom for about 5 minutes or until bubbly. 
  4. Meanwhile, in a stand mixture with DOUGH HOOK Attachment, add in flour and salt. Quick give it a spin to incorporate. 
  5. Add in 3 Tablespoons of olive oil to milk mixture and whisk together. Turn on mixer to medium/low and slowly add milk mixture into flour until a rough ball forms, scraping down with rubber spatula to get it all in there. 
  6. Mix on medium/low for 5 minutes. 
  7. Turn out to a board and form into a tight ball. 
  8. Place in well oiled bowl and cover in plastic wrap. 
  9. Put in warmed yet SHUT OFF oven for 20 minutes, or until it doubles in size. 
  10. Preheat oven to 400. 
  11. Take out dough ball, split in half and place in well oiled (2 tablespoons olive oil in each) cast iron skillet or cake pans. This is enough for two 9-10 inch sized pizzas. (We used 10 inch).
  12. Shape dough to fit to the sides of the pan. 
  13. Cover lightly and proof for another 20-30 minutes or until puffy. 
  14. Cover in desired pizza sauce, cheese and toppings. If you want that caramelized cheese sauce effect, take the cheese to the very edge of the dough, up agains the walls of the pan. 
  15. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and bubby.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Peanut Butter Day

In honor of National peanut butter day coming up this Sunday the 24th, I thought I would share my favorite  peanut butter recipes from the blog.  I don’t know about you, but I never need an excuse for peanut butter, BUT I do love using these National (insert whatever here) day as a fun way to celebrate some of my favorite things.  To start us off I’ll share my favorite first! This is a little generic and certainly not all about peanut butter but my favorite is definitely  Chocolate Nobake Cookies (with peanut butter of course). And now for the rest in really no particular order because I couldn’t possibly decide between them all🤷‍♀️. Peanut blossoms   Peanut butter cookies Peanut butter sandwich cookies Peanut butter bars -  Chocolate peanut butter bars   Chocolate scotcheroos  Chocolate peanut butter fudge  Peanut butter cups  Chocolate peanut butter pie  Peanut butter popcorn And lastly...if you want peanut butter but with a li...

Favorites - Hair Products

Favorites - Hair Products I'm starting a new little "series" Once a month I'm going to do a post on some of my favorite things, whether its hair and beauty products, clothes, cleaning products, foods, etc. To kick off this series I'm going to start with my favorite hair products. I decided to pair brands together to keep it a little more simple for you!  Now first things first...I'm sure you've been told this (probably by me) but DO NOT buy hair products from Walmart, target, TJ Max, etc....It is NOT the same thing you get from a salon!  My mom actually did it years ago when Walmart started carying "Paul Mitchell" products, and guess what...It wasn't the same as what she got from our stylist. Ulta, Sephora, Beauty Brands, places like that are fine, but I recommend buying from your stylist, they put the work into picking out the right products for you so I'm sure they'd appreciate your business😊. Morocca...

Chicken Pot Pie

Chicken Pot Pie All the ingredients you'll need Start by getting out your trusty old crockpot  Cut your chicken into little cubes - about 1/2 to 1 inch sized Add to crockpot Peel, rinse, and cube your potatoes - About 1/2 to 1 inch pieces Add to crockpot Add your soup, bouillon cubes, and spices  Mix all your ingredients and set on high for 6 hours Stir Ingredients a few times throughout the 6 hours Once its finished let it come to room temperature Use your pie tin to measure your circle to cut the bottom and the top  Add a heaping 1 cup measuring cup to each pie Add the top, use a fork to seal edges and take a knife and put 3 slits in the top  Now I was lazy I didn't do this part...but at this point you would add an egg wash to the top to help it get a little crispier and have a nice color when it cooks Finished deliciousness.  Ingredi...